The Daughters of Myrtle came into being in 1921 under the pastorate of Rev. William Wade Ryan. He chose a group of women to prepare dinner for the Northern Baptist Convention’s annual meeting. They did an excellent job. Rev. Ryan with wisdom and foresight, envisioned the impact of the good these women could have on Myrtle Baptist Church. He encouraged them to form a group and thus the Daughters of Myrtle became the church’s first auxiliary.
The Daughters of Myrtle obligation was to help the church and community spiritually and financially when and wherever possible. The mission of the group has not changed. Their most recent activities include staying connected with our college students, supporting the efforts of local shelters, participating in the Adopt-an-Angel for the Mississippi Salvation Army and reaching out to the sick and shut-in members of the community. Annually, they host informational and sponsor events which include: Community Health Fair, Spaghetti Dinner, Youth Ski trip, Pamper Drive, Anniversary luncheon, and the weekly Collation.
Ministry Leader: Tamara Sheard